Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish river fishing  (Read 1469 times)

maxkiddsbrodie

Squamish river fishing
« on: June 24, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »

Does anyone have any tip/help on what to use to catch bull trout in main Squamish river ?
Thanks

Dusty Mac

Re: Squamish river fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2024, 02:49:54 PM »

The site has an excellent search function (upper right corner of my browser page).
I entered your question and got 129 hits or 5 pages of information.

Thanks for the question, as it gives me a chance to find some answers myself!

Let us know what you find.

Tight lines.

fisherforever

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2024, 05:13:24 PM »

Above is a good answer. The OP has been here 3 years and contributed nothing except where to fish and what to use.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2024, 09:56:49 AM »

Pacific Angler tackle shop does a weekly report and most weeks has a report on the Squamish system. Techniques, lures, flies for bull trout are often mentioned. Do some browsing here: https://www.pacificangler.ca/category/fishing-reports/.

This time of year much will depend on water conditions mostly height and clarity. I see no need to overthink this fishery and assuming you will be using lure most of the basic spoons and spinners in larger sizes should give you a shot at fish.
"It is obviously, incontestably true that a senile president with a competent and ethical staff would be preferable to an authoritarian one who wants to fill his administration with guys who sound like school shooter manifestos " ...Adam Serwer writing in The Atlantic July 3, 2024