Searching for Cutthroat on the Fly, Seminar with Tom Johannesen
Posted on February 13th 2013, by Hatch Match'r Fly & Tackle
Hatch Match'r Fly & Tackle in Maple Ridge will be hosting a special seminar on fly fishing for cutthroat trout, featuring Tom Johannesen.
- Dates: Friday March 15th (evening)
- Topic: Cutthroat opportunities throughout BC
- Cost: $20.00
- Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Location: Hatch Match'r Learning Center (#9 22935 Lougheed Highway, Maple Ridge)
- Registration: Please call 604-467-7118 **NO ONLINE REGISTRATIONS AVAILABLE**
The presentation will cover the followings:
- Gear for specific locations
- Fly selection for any and all water conditions
- Productive times and locations to find cutthroat trout
- Type of fishing being covered includes, beach fishing for sea-runs, fly-fishing back waters,
lakes and rivers.
- Fly Tying Demo for TWO of Tom's Favorite Patterns
- Open floor to answer any questions the guests may have
About Tom Johannesen
I have had the good fortunate to be an avid fly-tier and fly-fisherman in beautiful British Columbia for over thirty years. Writing and guest-hosting fishing programs for television have been part of the interests that fuel my passion. To date I have had well over one hundred articles published in Canadian outdoor magazines including BC Sport Fishing, BC Outdoors, Outdoor Edge, Canadian Fly Fisher, Home Waters, Reel Angler and Island Fisherman.
My excursions and writing assignments began on the lower mainland and have since taken me throughout British Columbia in search of new and more exciting fisheries to photograph and write about. Articles to my credit have consisted of useful information on fly-fishing along with numerous lodge profiles and weekend outings. I enjoy writing on specific techniques and aquatic life as it helps the readers better understand the many mysteries involved in becoming an avid flyfisherman.
Over the past few years my interest in still photography has excelled greatly, I enjoy heading out on a fishing trip in search of quality photos to accompany my articles. Over the past ten years I
have also been a guest speaker at numerous fly clubs and schools on the Lower Mainland. I have always enjoyed sharing my experiences in the world of fly-fishing with others. For about twelve years I have also pro-staffed for several companies giving them feed back on new and updated products.
This presentation will teach the angler everything he or she needs to know about locating cutthroat trout throughout BC. Better yet it will also explain in detail how to catch them once they are located.