15th Annual Hyde Creek Salmon Festival
Posted on November 4th 2014, by Hyde Creek Watershed Society
The chum and coho salmon are returning to their spawning grounds at Hyde Creek in Coquitlam and Hyde Creek Watershed Society will be celebrating it by hosting the 15th annual Hyde Creek Salmon Festival on November 16th!
Come out to this free family event from 11:00am to 3:00pm. The festival is located indoors and out at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 1379 Laurier Avenue, and Hyde Creek Education Centre & Hatchery, 3636 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam.
This year's Salmon Festival activities include:
- See the salmon close up with in-stream salmon demonstrations and salmon dissections
- Many informative and interactive environmental displays and exhibits
- Presentations with live raptors, and amazing animal artifacts
- Guided nature walks along Hyde Creek
- Salmon Hatchery tours
- Crafts, face painting, Home Depot bird house project, build a bee box, learn about urban beekeeping & honey extraction, decorate a salmon cookie
- Learn about our local walking & running trails with the Running Room
- Lions BBQ with salmon burgers, salmon chowder and hot dogs
- Nylon Zoo with the giant inflatable fish & costumes has 4 children's shows
- Fundraising Raffle has many incredible prizes including, an evening at the Giggle Dam Theatre,
- Fraser River Safari boat trip, fishing rods, a downrigger, hand crafted doll and chocolate salmon courtesy of Charlies Chocolate Factory
- Free Car Parking
- Ride Your Bike – we have free valet-style safe bicycle parking from BEST
Special thanks to co-sponsor City of Port Coquitlam and to Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association, Fortis BC, Port Metro Vancouver and Vancity-Port Coquitlam for also sponsoring this event.