BCFROA Fly Fishing Championships and Fundrasier
Posted on February 17th 2015, by BC Fishing Resort & Outfitters Association
Hello fellow anglers,
The 2015 BCFROA Fly Fishing Championships will be taking place on May 23rd at Salmon Lake Resort (Douglas Lake Ranch).
- Date: Saturday May 23rd
- Location: Salmon Lake Resort (Douglas Lake Ranch)
- Event Staging Venue: Salmon Lake Resort
- Type of Competition: Anchored Lake Competition
- Number of Competitors: 100 persons max (50 two person teams)
- Number of Sessions: 2 (Saturday 9am-12:00pm, and 1:30pm-4:30pm)
- Price Per Team: $200 per team ($100 per person)
- Meals Provided: 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
- Single barbless flies only
- Catch and release
- Two fly anglers per Boat
- All fishing done from anchored boats
- Required fish species: rainbow trout (minimum length 30cm)
- Fish measured in live release trays (length only) using the catch, record (photo and score card), release method
- Personal floatation device and valid BC fishing license required
- Competitors are responsible for providing their own boats
For accommodation please contact:
Douglas Lake Ranch Central Reservations 1-800-663-4838 or email email@example.com. There are limited cabins available but lots of campsites.
To register please visit our website.
This event will be a fundraiser for the BCFROA Fishing Enhancement Fund. Last year the fund was able to purchase rod and reel packages for a full credit fly fishing course at a local high school.